Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More Proactive In My Business

Let's start by saying: Thank you, Miss K for Tweeting about White Hot Truth.  Super informative and extremely fun to read, plus she speaks the truth (white hot - see painful, scorching, pheonix) but in a funny, easy to take way.  Kind of like how Tylenol makes Sinus Relief caplets, with minty coating? 

This year I will make more stuff, more often and list things.  I will take more pictures and post more.  In other words, I will cultivate all my passion for beautiful, quality accessories into a flourishing business.

I would love to create more custom jewelry for people.  Making something to the exact specifications of my clients is my deepest desire.  I want to make jewelry which will be uniquely you and also is affordable.  I want you to own your jewelry for a long time, and if something happens, you can call or email me!  When you see the custom work I have made for you, and I see the smile in your eyes and on your lips and in your heart, I get a lovely, warm fuzzy feeling.  It is so amazing.

I will opt to wear more jewelry more often, instead of going without.  I often shock people when I say I make jewelry because most often, I am simply not wearing any!  The best way to advertise your business is to wear your most exceptional pieces, and always carry business cards.  I will be doing this more often this year.

So, readers, what would you like to hear about?  Do you want to see pictures of my messy process?  Read my recipes?  Hear my tips and hints on make-up and shopping?  Let me know!  I shall listen!

<3
Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. i would say what i would like to see from your jewellery making.. (but honestly i'm doing the same, i'm planning to open an etsy store)...anyway, i looked at your store, i like the classic look. maybe including some more complicated pieces in ready to wear.

    as for your blog, i'm a makeup addict and wouldn't mind if you wrote about that :D.. actually all the suggestions sound good. i'd love to see your process, and if you cook well, recipes sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Porcelaine,

    Thank you! I will absolutely keep that in mind while I am making jewelry and food stuffs. :) When you have your Etsy store up, feel free to comment the URL here and I will check it out!

    What do you mean complicated? Like silverwork, instead of beadwork?

    Thanks!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. well if you could do silverwork a lot of people would love that too. but complicated as in having more layers and making items with more pieces. I noticed there were a lot of simple items such as the pearl earrings and thought maybe people would like more interest in the earrings. not saying that you should stop doing the simple stuff but maybe having a slight variety but with the same theme, could cater for people of different tastes...and i'd love to see the foods, i'm trying to find the perfect scones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment, but please keep it tasteful and respectful. I will read and approve each comment. Spam will, of course, be deleted. Thank you again!