Saturday, October 23, 2010

ManGlaze - Mayo - Matte White Nailpolish - Attempt #2

Hey there!

I posted on Twitter that I got my new polish in the mail from ManGlaze, Ink this week.  My order consisted of one bottle of matte white polish name Mayonaisse, or The Holy Crap!  :)

I am terribly and deeply in love with all the other products that ManGlaze has produced, most especially FuggenUgly, the original matte grey polish (although it has experienced a few formula changes since first appearance in the mid 2000's.)

Anywho.  My first impression of this polish was that it was a looooot stickier and thicker than other polished I have used in the past.  It is also NOT a "Wite-Out" type of white.  It has a delicate shimmer that is pretty much unnoticeable once the polish is dry, but while it is being applied, it is quite pretty!

Now, I am not the world's most amazing polish applying-person, so please forgive my shoddy work.  The day I got this polish, I was sitting at my computer, put it on my nails and after the first round I ruined it.

It does NOT dry completely for a while.  The outside will look dry, but it is not.  I do realize that this could be a problem with application on my part, too, so please bear with me.

(P.S.  If you want this polish and need some amazing tips, go to this blog post on www.scrangie.com: http://www.scrangie.com/2010/10/man-glaze-mayonnaise.html  She has some really awesome tips and they did help this second time around.)

So, the rundown on Mayo:


  • Beautiful, clean white without being stark, yellow or chalky
  • Thick, need a steady, smart hand to apply without streaking.  Also many coats.
  • Takes a bit longer to dry than most other nail polishes.  Certainly NOT one of those polish-and-go polishes.
  • Awesome fantastic matte.  LOVE.
  • I need MORE PRACTICE!
 I need to get a brush to clean up my cuticles, but for this I just used a small knitting needle to get in my cuticles since I kept getting the polish up under them.  Sheesh!!  Hopefully next time I do a mani I will take pics in the day time... And clean up my mess.  :P

How do you like this white??


Pics! Click for bigger ones!





























1 comment:

  1. If I remember correctly I used 3 coats as well and I added thinner before I used it because it was a bit goopy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment, but please keep it tasteful and respectful. I will read and approve each comment. Spam will, of course, be deleted. Thank you again!