Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wishes to Fulfill My Wishes

Hey there... Grab a cup of tea, maybe a cookie, or toast with that jam you made this summer... I have a little story to share with you.
I created the Wishes series after I found this adorable stamp, had to have it, and barely could afford it at the time. I bought it anyway. I reminded me of the wishes I would make as a kid. "I want a new puppy!" or "I wish I was better at running the mile!" Both things didn't happen, but I'm a believer in "Hope" as a tactic to motivate you to get done what must be done! Hope isn't always helpful, or useful.

Hope can hurt if you rely on it as your only source of anything. If you are only hoping you'll make better choices tomorrow, but not changing anything about your circumstances, then you're not really going after your dreams.



Sterling Silver Hand Stamped Dandelion Wishes Earrings on Kidney Wires
https://www.etsy.com/listing/158161284
I'm talking about getting to bed earlier, so you can take a leisurely walk with your dog, instead of staying up late watching Making a Murderer on Netflix. Or arranging your outfits the night before instead of rushing around in the morning, all in an effort to give you more time during your day to do better.

My wish is to go to grad school, make a lot of really awesome art, and then become a jewelry teacher. I'm currently finishing up and sending out my materials for grad school applications to three schools all across the country. Each is different and special in their own way. Each can offer teaching assistantships, which are necessary to grow my experience as a teacher.


Sterling Silver Hand Stamped Dandelion Necklace 18"
 https://www.etsy.com/listing/156420135
I'm trying to fund my Wishes, and I'm asking for your help.
It takes a village, they say, and my success is your success.

Handcut Sterling Silver Dahlia Necklace 18, 20, or 22 Inches
https://www.etsy.com/listing/97988806
I'm offering my Wishes line, which will include new pieces that I'm dreaming up right now (like a ring and bracelet), at 30% off, for a limited time only, from now until February 1, 2016 at 12 pm. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. It really means a lot to me. Any support, even if you can't afford to buy something, is very much appreciated.

xoxo
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment, but please keep it tasteful and respectful. I will read and approve each comment. Spam will, of course, be deleted. Thank you again!