Monday, February 1, 2016

Indie Beauty Review: Haus of Gloi

It's been a while, but I've still been buying indie cosmetics and beauty products for years and always will. 

I've been a customer of Britton's since probably 2008. That's almost ten years! Ah!
Haus of Gloi has grown a lot since I started ordering from them and they offer a lot more than just soap and scrubs!

A little about Haus of Gloi:
From their website:
"Handmade from Scratch."
"Small Batches."
"Vegan Friendly."
"Unique."
"Beautiful high quality products."
"Locally sourced whenever possible."
"Welcome to the Haus! We are a small vegan business owned and operated by two individuals dedicated to bringing you the highest quality handmade bath & beauty goods and perfumes. All of our products are made in small batches to ensure quality and are made from scratch, never from a base. Our fragrances are intriguing blends inspired by seasonal tides and whatever else might catch our fancy."
Britton has worked very hard for a long time to make her business successful while also keeping her batches small, locally sourced, and vegan. I admire all the work she has put into her products, and that she has kept at it for so long. Truly admirable! 


I've bought custom perfume, lip balm, soft bubbling scrubs (my absolute favorite), pumpkin butters, emollient scrubs, bath bombs (my second favorite item they make) and I'm sure I've bought other things, too.
I'm here today to cover a few of their Yule offerings, and one in their general catalog.
Soft bubbling scrubs are my favorite thing they make and it used to be (when I had more money) that they were ALWAYS in my shower. Well, I made a Christmas purchase and I am so happy!
The scrubs are light, fabulous at sloughing of dead skin and then giving back moisture to your skin, while leaving a lovely light scent that lasts at least a few hours.
I bought 6 ounce jars of Rosy Cheeked (Yule) and Honeysuckle Lemon Curd (general), and a small 2 ounce jar of Three Treasures (Yule). 

Rosy Cheeked is a little like my old favorite scent which was called Zazz (a lovely semi sweet citrus scent). This new one is "pink grapefruit, fir needles, juniper berries, rosemary, a sprig of parsley and bright winter lilies." It sounds like a gin cocktail!! I love it already.
I showered with it and oh man, fir! I love this masculine note with all these other lovely ones. I may need to see if it is still in stock because I love this scent. 
Top: Honeysuckle Lemon Curd, Bottom Left: Three Treasures, Right: Rosy Cheeked

These scrubs rinse clean, also and are about the consistency of refrigerated cookie dough. (Specific!)
Three Treasures is described as "sacred gifts of frankincense, myrrh and gold. Smouldering with warmth and brightened with a touch of mandarin rind." I am so not usually about frankincense and myrrh, but this is a great combination. A little sweet, nice and warm, and sparkly! Smells like Tenzing Momo in the Pike Place Market in Seattle. Wonderful memories, though this might get gifted since I often get headaches with these notes. Oh well!
Honeysuckle Lemon Curd is sweet, floral and very springy. Described as "Rich and lemony with a touch of Honeysuckle."

I bought the soap and the scrub, soap for my Mother in Law and scrub for me. She loves the soap!
On first sniff, it is very lemony and sweet with only a hint of Honeysuckle. This scrub has a much lighter sillage than the first two. It's nice and light, not overly floral. I'll keep this one for myself!
Another thing I picked up from the Haus was a lipbalm! Peppermint Vanilla. I was emailed by Matt that it was out of stock, I told them my sub, and waited... And waited... When my package showed up, it had the right one in it! I'm so glad I am patient because I love this scent/flavor. Not overly mint or sweet. Feels soft on the lips. It is coconut oil based, with Shea butter, too, so it feels really nice!

Go check out their sale section, I certainly am!! 
http://www.hausofgloi.com/

(I purchased all items with my own money and was not compensated in any way for posting this!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment, but please keep it tasteful and respectful. I will read and approve each comment. Spam will, of course, be deleted. Thank you again!