Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Evil Shades Lippie Swatches

Well hello, lovers of make-up!!  

Today I have for your some swatches of lip products that I bought from Evil Shades.  (I bought them, they were not provided to me, except for Zicke which was a free sample.)

My order contained more than just lip stuffs, but I didn't have time to swatch that stuff yesterday.  So, you get lip stuff first.

The Company:  Andrea is super awesome and sweet!  Go follow her on Twitter!  (And me, for that matter.)

Shipping:  Super quick!  My order, with custom eyeshadow, shipped the next day!  Hooray! :D  The only thing was that some of my shadows were escaping from their jars.  :[  I think next time I will ask for sifters if she has them available.

Prices:  Holy canolies?!  REALLY?!  That was my reaction when I saw her prices.  I bought one Large Gift set and one Mini Set for, I think $22.  Two lipsticks, four lipglosses, five shadows.  Glosses are $3.50, lipsticks are $4.75, and shadows are $3.50, and all are pretty gosh ding dang amazing!!   Here is the link again: Evil Shades.  She does have blushes which I will probably order samples of next time I order.

The Products:

Lip Glosses:  

  • Cushiony
  • These may or may not be sticky to some people.  I don't usually have a problem with stickiness since my hair tends to be short and I don't get hair on my lips very often.
  • Very high gloss!  Love it.
  • Moisturizing
  • Smell is fantastic!!  Yum!
  • I am so/so on the jar.  I kind of like it because these are the kind of glosses/lip products I can see actually wanting to use a brush with, espcially the color "Deadly."

Lethal Kiss - "Peachy Shimmer" (from EvilShades.com) 
To me, this is a pinky, peachy color that doesn't amp up the color of my lips the way Guilty as Sin does.  I really like it as an everyday gloss.  The shimmer is subtle but it also has silver sparkles in it, which is a cute added touch!  You can kind of see them on the edges of my lips.



Guilty as Sin - "Pink/Fuschia with glass fleck" (from EvilShades.com)
This is pink.  Awesome sparkly, shimmery fuschia-y pink.  I really like the way it pinks up my lips and seems to me to have a little blue reflectiveness to it, in the shimmer.  I see myself wearing this one for sure.





!
More after the jump




Deadly - Deep dark red with sparkle** Contains Carmine, not Vegan. (from EvilShades.com)


Deadly looks very unwearable inside the jar, however once I tried it, VERY LIGHTLY, with not a whole lot of product on my lip brush, it came out as the swatch below.  I'd like to do a more vampy type swatch, soon. Maybe with an FOTD.


My pictures are more purpley 








Lip Sticks:  

  • Moisturizing
  • Pigmented
  • Buildable (with blotting and reapplication)
  • Would look amazing with a lip gloss layered over the top
  • Price is fantastic: $4.75 for a lip-balm type container full
Zicke, which means "Bitch", is a very insteresting silverly lilac color.  It was fun to try on, definitely something I would wear as a statement or if I needed a metallic addition to another lipstick.







Evil Shades - Primrose Path  My favorite so far!  I applied this on naked lips, no balm or anything underneath.






Diabolical:  I had a hard time getting this one to photograph as red as I think it is, but it certainly is coppery.  I like it, but the pink is still my favorite so far.  Evil Shades has an orange lipstick I really want to try.  Ee!  I really like that it isn't a matte lipstick.  I personally don't like matte lipsticks a whole lot, only because they seem more drying, but these ones are not drying, but really have a great color pay-off.  






This shade is soooo hard to capture!!  Must try again.

9 comments:

  1. This is Cacau. I'm using other google account atm...

    Omg! Deadly looks so hot on you! O.O I want to try it too!! omg!

    Diabolical looks like a prety coper shade! Is it like this?
    Hm... I want to try evil shades lip things someday *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, still Cacau here, I forgot to ask:
    How are their lipglosses? Supersticky? Soft?
    And the lipsticks? Are they moisturizing? o.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the swatches!! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cacau!! Deadly is sooo awesome! I was very surprised at how well it goes on for being so pigmented. They are soft, not super sticky, maybe just a little bit. I plan to do a review soon. Andrea, the owner, wanted me to post pics, so I did. :D The glosses are also very moisturizing, I like them a lot.

    The lipsticks are smooth and pigmented, also moisturizing. Diabolical is coppery, and to me in person has a little more red than the pictures. My camera just really wanted to pick up the copper in it.

    I say: Hell yes, go get them, especially since they are not expensive. Very good quality for the money. And the owner, Andrea, is super sweet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Evil Shades! I now see some glosses I need to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iii looove these! I llike the fuscia one, the dark one, and primrose path. they look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look amazing on you! Evil Shades is one of my favourite indie companies. I love the glosses and shadows i have, but haven't tried the lipsticks yet. Zicke and Diabolic look absolutely amazing on you! And so does Deadly, very vampy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment, but please keep it tasteful and respectful. I will read and approve each comment. Spam will, of course, be deleted. Thank you again!